If you struggling to decide if a Montessori Kindergarten Preschool in Oceanside CA is the right choice for you and your family, then you are not alone. Many families are trying to decide if the Montessori Method is better than the public school system when it comes to molding the minds of their young impressionable children. Just like with any form of education on the market today, the Montessori Method has its pros and cons.
You can find some of the pros and cons of a Montessori kindergarten preschool in Oceanside CA below to help you make your decision today.
The Pros of the Montessori Method of Teaching
The parents who have already been using the Montessori Method say that there are many advantages to the program. You can find a few of them listed below.
1. Children learn through play, instead of forced learning.
2. Children learn at their own pace
3. Children are encouraged to learn what they are interested in, instead of being forced to learn certain things at certain times during the day
4. The program is flexible, catering itself to the child, instead of the child catering to it
5. Subjects are taught in a hands on manner all of the time
6. Instead of concentrating on academics, this program concentrates on skills that will be used in the real world.
The Cons of the Montessori Method of Teaching
Of course, even with such a good program there are going to disadvantages. These are listed below as well.
1. Not all districts offer a public Montessori program, so you may have no choice but to pay for a private preschool for your child, in order to use this method.
2. Many of these schools only teach through a certain age, making it hard to find one that teaches from preschool to 12th grade.
These are just a few of the pros and cons of choosing a Montessori school over a regular preschool education for your child. You can visit Peppertreemontessori.com for more information on the program and what it can do for your family today. Weigh the pros and cons carefully, when it comes to your child’s education.