If you want to keep your home, possessions, and loved ones safe and sound, a home security system is an excellent idea. But what is the best system, and is a system using security alarm cable better than wireless? Here are five useful tips to help simplify your project and enhance home security.
1. Separate control panel – The location of your control panel should be a secret. In other words, you don’t want thieves to have easy access to it, because they might be able to damage it and this would make it easier to disarm your system. So what’s the best way to avoid this? Many security professionals recommend choosing a system with separate locations for the keypad and control panel.
2. A wireless security system is not always the best choice – It’s true, if you want an easy install, wireless systems are simple, because you have very little security alarm cable to install. This means less drilling and wire placement. However, you may be sacrificing security. Experienced thieves can quickly knock down a door or break a window, enter a home or business and quickly snatch your keypad from the wall (all before the alarm is triggered). It may cost more, but you can choose a wireless system with safeguards against crash and smash entries.
3. Keep “easy to steal valuables” out of sight – When thieves enter a home with an alarm system, they know they have very little time, so they are in a big hurry. In other words, they don’t have time to check out where you hid your laptop, jewelry, or collectibles. Hide these items well when you are about to leave the house. This is a good way to increase the effectiveness of a home security system.
4. Don’t keep it a secret – When you have a good security system in place, advertise. You should place signs or stickers on your windows that state that your home is protected. It is a proven fact that just knowing there is some kind of alarm system in place can be enough to deter many would be thieves.
5. Consider a professional installation – A good security system is only as good as its installation. This is why you should think about hiring professionals for the job. These people know the best kind of systems, security alarm cables, and will help you choose the best products for your home. Plus, you will receive a guarantee with the installation services. In addition, your security professionals provide a free inspection and consultation, so there is nothing at risk.