When people talk about a non-immigrant visa to the US, they usually mean a tourist, business, or student visa. However, there are many other types of non-immigrant visa, ranging from crew member visa to ambassador visa. The application process can vary significantly from one type of non-immigrant visa to another, but this article will focus on the most common kind, which is the visitor visa.
Applying for a Non-Immigrant Visa
The non-immigrant visa application process is the same for travelers from most countries. However, some countries may have a different way of handling certain aspects of the application. Generally, you need to take the following steps in order to obtain a visitor visa:
1. Visit the US Consular Electronic Application Center website to complete the DS-160 visa application form. This form is required for a non-immigrant visa application.
2. Print out the page with the 10-digit confirmation code, which will be displayed after you submit your application form.
3. Create a user account at the website and schedule an appointment for a personal interview. You will have to enter the confirmation code, select a location for receiving your visa, and pay the application fee before you set the appointment.
4. Attend the personal interview at the US embassy or consulate. Make sure you have all the required documents with you, including:
• recent photograph
• current passport
• old passports if available
• application confirmation code printout
• interview appointment letter
• fee payment receipt
• supporting documents
Business and Student Non-Immigrant Visas
If you are going to the US for business or study, the non-immigrant visa application process is the same as above, but you will have to provide additional documents. A business traveler has to provide proof of funds, letter from employer if applicable, and financial records and tax documents of the company. As for a student traveler, a certificate of eligibility for non-immigrant student status is required.
If you find the non-immigrant visa application process difficult or confusing, it is recommended that you seek the assistance of a US visa service provider at Immigrationmade-ez.com. You can also connect them on Facebook for more updates.